Over the years I have been collecting thrift store art. A far departure from the great works and not the most masterful of paintings but some are beautiful and interesting in their own right. I'm not sure it was a deliberate collection but just like anything else you like, you begin to gather and it grows around you I guess.
Of course when you are only paying from .35 cents to my most expensive bank-breaking purchase of $7.99, a collection is easily doable. Once they are displayed together, it looks more substantive. Boom - art curator in da house.
So on to the details of a few. Ok, maybe ten.
I love water scenes and muted colors. $3.99, thrift store. I still need to change out the frame.
Nature prints and pictures are on my list too. This one is a vintage print of El Capitan, which is in Yosemite, one of our favorite places. $3.00, yard sale
Another water scene, $2.99 thrift store
this print was behind the cardboard. $.35 cents, flea market.
Paint by numbers, which I originally purchased for Charley's room when she was little, was $5.00, eBay. (I recently saw this very painting in a magazine featuring a designer's own home so I felt vindicated buying these weird birds.)
Watercolor fields, $1.00, thrift shop.
Also on my radar are old group photographs, $1.00, flea market
I also look out for vintage photographs of places we have lived. This is a picture of the Salt Lake valley. The price tag sticker said "Colorado Rockies." $7.00, found at an antique shop in Maryland.
So there you go, art for under $25.00. Now check back on Wednesday when they'll be up with a few other things in a new display.
Have a great Monday!



Favorite quote for the day, "Boom - art curator in da house." Loved it!
ReplyDeleteI really love the birds.
ReplyDeleteI'm a total thrift store art curator as well (...except for my favorite "Birth of Venus" baby.) I wish I knew the stories behind my artists/paintings though...
ReplyDeleteMy favorite pictures on my walls tend to be from thrift stores! Glad I am not the only one.
ReplyDelete