I enjoyed another birthday on Tuesday. While I don't really talk about them or ever plan on something for my birthday, this one was especially sweet.
A friend treated me to lunch which did my soul a world of good. I don't know why I don't do that more. And I read sweet birthday wishes from friends near and far.
Belén and Charley had treats and flowers ready for me when I returned home.
A friend treated me to lunch which did my soul a world of good. I don't know why I don't do that more. And I read sweet birthday wishes from friends near and far.
Belén and Charley had treats and flowers ready for me when I returned home.
(The treats were gone by the time I took a picture.)
Reese made me a ceramic turtle at school and said that he protected him all the way home on the bus. As I stepped out of the car, the turtle fell to the ground. Luckily it was only his leg that broke and in a way that can easily be repaired.
Blair made a big silhouette of herself and Trae showered me with "I love you's" and "Happy birthday" all day long and would find random things around the house to give me. I love handmade things, especially from my children.

For dinner we went to a local family restaurant and as everyone was talking, laughing, and just being goofy, I sat back and scanned their faces. Any doubts I had about all I wanted to accomplish by the time I had kids or by a certain age and feeling that I may have let some years slip by, washed away in that instant.
My most important work was in that room.
I may never get to all that I wanted but that's ok. I have plenty of time to do a few and that is good enough.
I was actually waiting for a time just as this to say, when all the cake is gone and the balloons have popped, who is there to wish you a happy day and tell you how great you are? I am that's who, I actually don't tell people anything special on their birthday so that I can make the party last longer by reminding them on a later day how great they are. Haha well that is stretching the truth a little. I am so sorry that I missed your birthday. But did want you to know that I am so grateful that I have gotten to know, now don't be embarrassed but I tell peeps all the time how cool I think you are. You are really a neat lady and I love your creativity and your understanding towards others. And I am so happy to have a new friend in you. Happy belated birthday.
ReplyDeleteOh, Laura Lynn, that was such a sweet birthday...beautiful and true thoughts about your loved ones. The most important work you will ever do are within the walls of your own home !!!
ReplyDeleteI also loved homemade presents from our children when they were young. I have a few of those treasures in my china closet that I take out, touch and remember...
It sounds like it was a great birthday. I love the turtle.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated to you.