I am not a movie critic nor do I play one on my blog. Writing critiques doesn't really interest me and I don't know enough about movies to offer much of an opinion anyway. While a professional critic has merit, their overuse of words such as intoxicating, ostensible, visceral, unapologetic, and genuine sometimes feels tedious to me. Do you feel that way? I think I'm just more of a "get to the point" person.
Really, I'd rather see a little check box, "Is this movie good? Yes or No." Kinda like the notes passed to you in sixth grade from a boy named Bobby. It was suuuper embarrassing when the teacher would catch you and you had to read it out loud, though. Oh, the humiliation.

HI, Sometimes the best answer is a simple yes or no... I want to see Les Miserables.. I KNOW I would like it. I love that music!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope 2013 is a blessed year for you and your loved ones.
Hugs,
Betsy
I love the little note. We are going to see Life of Pi tomorrow, I am saving Les Miz for when I can go alone. Nobody's opinion is going to spoil it for me, I have decided I am going to love it.
ReplyDeleteP. S. Could I use your little note sometime?
ReplyDelete