Driving home from mutual the other night, I was listening to the 80's station.Like most girls in the 80's, I loved Bryan Adams. My girlfriends and I used to sigh and go to la la land when we heard his music. My mom did too. On Friday nights when my brothers and sister were out on dates, my mom and I would watch "Friday Night Videos" and dance. We jumped all over the living room. That's where I get it.
I've seen quite a few concerts over the years but for some reason Bryan Adams seemed to elude me.
The day he came to Portland, I was flying to Japan for an exchange program. When I left Tokyo, he was flying there to perform. The next summer when he came again, I went to visit relatives in San Antonio. One summer I went to Connecticut and he was performing the evening I flew in. My friends tried to get tickets but they were sold out. They got me Tom Petty instead which was an awesome show and one of my faves. But, while I was in Connecticut I was missing his show back home. A few years went by and it was the same thing -I kept missing his concerts. We were like two ships that pass in the night or somehow the stars hadn't lined up or any other lame cliche.
Until now. (said with movie trailer voice)
Now, on to U2. Rock on!
I love this story. It is so nostalgic and simplistically fulfilling.
ReplyDeleteWow! Gotta love a "full circle" kinda story. NIce job providing the happy ending jon! :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the concert!
Jaime
:) yay! I'm so glad that you finally get to go! I do love how you told that story! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you're going to see him. I've never seen him before, but always liked him. That happened with me & Cheap Trick. I kept missing them too. I finally saw a few of their songs at a festival, but still haven't seen a whole concert of theirs. U2 was just up here in MA.
ReplyDelete