Pages

A Saturday pilgrimage to the Flea

Monday, March 2, 2009

We went to the flea market bright and early.
It was a little chilly so we went to the indoor vendors hoping that it would warm up by the time we ventured to the outdoor sales.

It didn't.

We cut the excursion short but did manage to find a couple of fun things. Belen found some vintage buttons for her sewing projects which were 25 cents a pack.

I bought the girls some necklaces, rings, new lip glosses and hand creams. Some vendors have established booths with close-outs from stores so you can find inexpensive goodies like that.

Note to self: stocking stuffers!
My favorite purchases were vintage magazine ads - 6 for $12.00. They ranged from $2.00 to $4.00 in price but when I took them up to the gentleman he said, "That'll be $2.00 each."
I was going to pay sticker price because I thought they were a good deal already.
That was a little extra bonus!
I'm using 3 of them from the 1940's as artwork in the boys' room and Belen and Charley each got one for their rooms.

I also bought a vintage necklace, a set of framed prints for Charley's room which were a really good deal (they were in the same color scheme as her magazine ad too) and produce - apples and grapes. I usually buy Fuji apples for $1.99 a pound at the supermarket which will get me 2 apples if I am lucky but at Saturday's market, I got a bunch for $2.00.
I can't wait until summer to buy all that beautiful produce from the local farmers.


You can find all kinds of things there from used tires to fine china.
Some weekends are better than others which is why you have to keep going back so you'll get lucky and finally hit the motherload!

Come along, won't you?

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to the flea market soon. I'm also looking forward to Yard sales.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say