Pages

I hear the secrets that you keep, when you're talking in your sleep.

Monday, May 4, 2009

I think it's funny when someone talks in their sleep unless it's me of course.

The other night as I was walking by Reese's room, I heard him mumble in his sleep, "No, it's not a cow. It's over there." And as I am writing this, I am wondering if he wasn't talking about me??
At least he doesn't think I'm a cow...

Then, the next night Trae fell asleep in my arms and I was too tired to take him to his crib. I rather enjoyed holding him though. His arms were flung back and he looked completely comfortable. I gently pulled my arms from underneath so as not to disturb him and I let him lie next to me. Sometime later and still asleep, he said, "armph" and then giggled. He giggled so hard he sounded just like the dolls at the store... you know, the kind you can squeeze to hear their sounds.
It made me laugh too. That and his rapid eye movement that was going on later. Hilarious.

Then the following night as I was having a great dream where someone bequeathed me $90,000.00, it was interrupted when Jon woke me up. He was patting the mattress saying, "Get up, get up, let's go!" I said, "Where??" He said "Downstairs, we have to go downstairs!" I told him I didn't want to go downstairs and then I was bummed because I realized that $90,000.00 was just a dream. He continued to say "We have to be under 11 feet, let's go." I told him he was talking in his sleep and he said noooo. It was quiet and then he said, "Oh. Dang!"
It made me laugh.

I went back to sleep and tried to will myself back into that money dream.
It didn't work.
Bummer! I wanted to know what I was going to do with it.

2 comments:

  1. We are a family of sleep talkers too, but ours is more incoherent jumbled words that make no sense. Travis is the king sleep talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! Josh is the only one who does not talk in his sleep in our fam. Todd & Kate share a room and so it is often where him talking in his sleep wakes Kate up.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say