Pages

A Princess and an evil wave

Friday, July 10, 2009

On the last leg of our family vacation, we went to Orlando, Florida.
Home of Minnie and Mickey Mouse and outrageously overpriced family fun.
It was fun as long as I didn't look at the bank account.

Jon and I took the little ones to The Magic Kingdom while the older ones went to Epcot and MGM all by themselves. They were only a cell phone call and a monorail ride away, thank goodness.

Blair was so excited to see Princesses and I was excited for her. Reese was eager to hit the rides and to meet Mickey and get his autograph. We were dreading long lines. My kids aren't the most patient. Who am I kidding, neither am I. Luckily, we had a fast pass option on some rides so there was no waiting. Trae man was just along for the stroller ride and his $2.99 pack of 8 french fries.
Did I mention the outrageously overpriced family fun??
He also liked the mild family rides like The Pirates of the Caribbean. We also enjoyed the teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain, Dumbo, Snow White's Scary Adventure, and the Haunted Mansion.
Reese's favorite was Big Thunder Mountain. We each took turns taking him on that and it was a blast hearing him yelp and laugh.
At the end of the evening, we watched the parade. I was excited because we were right up front. Blair's eyes lit up when she saw the princesses and the pure excitement on her face made my eyes mist a little.
That's what we went there for - to make some memories and enjoy our children's youth. I guess recapture some of ours too.

The highlight of the parade for us was when Blair's favorite character, Cinderella (and her prince) came by in her carriage. It stopped right in front of us and Cinderella motioned to Blair, waved and blew a kiss to her. I don't know who got a bigger kick, Jon and me or the kids.
I guess not wanting to be out done, and wanting to put on a good show of course, the witch sauntered over to us. After Snow White also came by and motioned to Blair, the witch came over and had a stare down. She stood right in front of us, arms folded, and without smiling, stared at Blair.
Blair just waved at her and then the witch relented, giving us a slow, evil wave.
The crowd laughed and let out an "ooohhh..."

Just before we left the park, Reese tracked down Mickey and Minnie. He was waiting all night to get their autograph and they did not disappoint.
After all, they don't call it the Magic Kingdom for nothing.

3 comments:

  1. So great. I can just imagine Blair Bear. How cute! I loved that part about "having fun as long as you didn't look at the bank account". Hahaha. so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I was trying to send you an email, and don't have your email, and then I was going to call you, and the number didn't work. Could you email me with a correct phone number? Thanks!
    amberlcampbell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time!! Blair was telling me all about it on Sunday... so cute!:)

    jaime

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say