Pages

Blog Away

Sunday, October 25, 2009


An awesome mountain. Beautiful Mt. Hood. I had the privilege of seeing this mountain everyday while growing up in Washington state. She's actually in Oregon but I had the best of both worlds living on the border. From my front yard, I also had a great view of Mt. St. Helens until she blew up. That can happen when you live among volcanoes.

It's been a year since I started this blog.

I had a few friends that kept asking if I had gotten in to this "blogging thing" yet. I hadn't.

But, I was invited to read a few and found them interesting. It's strange how you can feel connected to people by reading little blurbs about their life. I've enjoyed reading all of yours, seriously. Your stories, family adventures, beautiful family photos and craft ideas make my day a little more complete. And what a great way to document your life story. I guess even when we think there is no story to tell, there really is, which is why I keep checking in!

I haven't quite found "my voice" yet. I have all these ideas - do I make it a literary blog? Keep it simple as a "mommy" blog? Start a craft blog? Keep a separate blog for all of the home improvement projects we keep starting and taking forever to finish or never finishing? Update on my design course challenges? Or just make it a potpourri of all the things swirling around in my head, leaving it a bit random?

Whatever it becomes, thanks for reading but more importantly, thanks for inspiring me by yours!

So check in tomorrow when I write up a give-a-way in honor of my 1 year mark.
It may inspire you to do something and heck, it's totally free - who says there's nothing free in life?

1 comment:

  1. Keep things random. It makes it interesting. I feel the same - what voice to use so I just do whatever. Love seeing a bit into your life. Want to see more!!! Love ya. Alysa

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say