Pages

Have you checked the registry?

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Normally I don't depart from a happy blog.

I did vent once - remember this post?

Well, in light of recent news events, I'd thought I'd take a moment to remind you to check your state's sex offender registry. It is widely known as "Megan's Law."

Just put your state in the search and then narrow it down by inputting your zip code. Take a moment to look at each listing and note the address. If they have complied with the law, and we know there are many that haven't, the ones that have should be listed by wherever they work and live.

I know that people make mistakes. The registry doesn't give a full back story, of course.
There are a ton of factors that go into such problems in our society. I lay awake wishing this country put more emphasis on education. I do believe that education is the ticket out of so many sad situations. Every living human being was given the Light of Christ, or conscience, but somewhere along the way, they made terrible choices. Some are the same choices their parents made and the cycle continues...

But we need to remember that The Lord entrusted us with His/your little ones no matter their age. They will always be our little ones.

Some say this law has had no effect on community tenure. Maybe true, but at least you have the information that as a citizen of The United States of America, you have every right to.
If the only thing you do is look up this registry and make yourself aware of your surroundings, then I am happy.
And pray, in whatever way makes you comfortable - it will be a nice moment today.

Hugs,
Laura Lynn
Back to lighter notes tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. FUNNY...but....I just did this last night after the everyone went to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say