
I need to have a bunch of blogs.
One to have as an outlet for my inner-geek-political-junkie-self. Did you see Orrin trying to get his amendment through committee? Did you see the guy behind him texting on his blackberry and the lady trying to get a pink pen to stay behind her ear? Funny stuff. This is what I get from C-Span.
But seriously, Sen. Hatch had a straight forward amendment, duh.
But seriously, Sen. Hatch had a straight forward amendment, duh.
Sen. Baucus - what a dud.
One to vent about situations with some at church that I let bother me. Well, there aren't many, and it's none of you. I guess I bother them too or they would not be angry.
You wouldn't believe it if I told you (which I won't.) I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't heard it by accident, myself.
That's all I'm sayin.
You wouldn't believe it if I told you (which I won't.) I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't heard it by accident, myself.
That's all I'm sayin.
Luckily, I don't let my feelings get hurt too much. I actually kept a straight face (even though it was about me. I didn't want to embarrass them) and laughed about it with my husband later. He didn't really laugh. His actual words were "Do I have to go kick someone's a** at church? Cause I will!"
(He didn't use asterisks)
(He didn't use asterisks)
Okay, I guess that wasn't all I'm saying...woops.
One for all of the Gospel topics that I like to research which make me happy, like Faith, feeling the Spirit, King Benjamin, Ruth and Naomi. (I should practice this more and re-read previous paragraph.)
And one to see if anyone else besides me feels like they are the lonely, black sheep of the church.
One to talk about t.v. shows, movies, music and totally mindless trivia that I think is so funny but probably too irreverent. (Again, black sheep - but I'm okay with that - doing the best I can working on the natural man.)
One for the crafty ideas swirling around in my head that is now spread out on my desk. Not my head, that would be bad. The craft idea come to life - that's spread out on my desk.
One to discuss baking, chocolatey goodness, banana bread, veggie pizza, homemade tamales and cupcakes, if eating cookie dough and licking bowls are okay and me trying to locate something sweet to eat at 11:30 pm last night. All I found was a banana and the very bottom of a tub of marshmallow creme. Note to self: next time use a more firm banana when trying to scrape the bottom of the container with it.
One to discuss how I'd love to go totally off the grid and then make a huge sign out of medium density fiberboard, to place in the front lawn. It would be in the shape of a hand giving utility companies everywhere the bird. (Oh my gosh, I think I am the lonely black sheep! I have never flipped anyone off before, ever, but a girl can dream.)
One to discuss everything else.
Hmmm..TMI but I think I just discussed everything for now, thanks!
I should probably just stick with a little blog about the good things, though, yeah.
You are so hilarious! I'm sad that someone was saying mean things to you. Do I need to kick someone's a** at church? (I'm AM using astricks)
ReplyDeleteAmber - ha ha! After reading my own post, I'm thinking I'm slightly manic now??
ReplyDeleteI can not see you kicking someone's a** ever! You're like the nicest person in the history of the world...but the mental image is cracking me up!
Me too. I'll kick someone's a** at church if they are messing with my Dobson Shimai! What the heck? Girl, this post was hilarious. Good old Orrin. Love that man.
ReplyDeleteLaura: i love that i've "discovered" your blog! i also love that you're hubby's ready to rumble in defense of his woman!
ReplyDeletei've been surprised (?!) with a few things i've heard go around about myself as well...i'm chalking it up to people who don't have a clue about me/who i am/what i'm about...and they never will! at least my hubby (and some great people i have met here!) do. :-)
for the record, i think you're fab and can't imagine what anyone could have possibly said negative about you.
I think blogs on all those topics would be awesome. And since that is a lot of writing I'll join you and get others and we'll be witty and brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI'd like a soap box blog. I could stand up on it and say all that I'd like to say....and how I'd like to say it.
ReplyDeleteGreat post!!
Have a good day!!!
Sandra
love, love, LOVE your post, Laura! I was cracking up reading it... it's great! Just let it all out there!! I totally agree with previous comments and think you're AMAZING! Keep it up! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, you gotta watch out for that Campbell girl... she's fiesty!! :)
I absolutely LOVE reading your blog. I don't think you need different ones. I am glad you are human and have a sense of humor and have a REAL voice that you choose not to "keep under a bush". Do you know how many people have accused me of being a Stepford wife ever since going to the temple?? I just thought I brought out another side of my personality.
ReplyDeletePLEASE keep all your thoughts, especially the random ones on this blog. I like what you have to say and I believe in everyone having their own opinions and I respect that right.
Here's something you can keep in mind: "Shake your haters off and just do you. When you're that fab, do you blame them for keeping your name in their mouth?"