Pages

Resolution Update

Saturday, January 16, 2010

So how about those resolutions?

I am still working on mine from October.
Remember, I go from April - October and then October - April so I don't feel like I am failing to get them all done. If my feelings for those resolutions are waning come March, I'll hear a conference talk in April and it'll get me moving again to finish by October. I have to trick myself this way because I am not great at resolutions but this seems to work for me.


I am happy to report that I started off reading more books. I read, "Light on Snow" by Anita Shreve. It was a nice story about a father and daughter, grieving their own family loss and then encountering a baby left in the snow.
You may remember another one of her books, "The Pilot's Wife." Did you read that? It was good but I always wondered who he loved more - if you read it, give me your thoughts on that.
If you haven't, I won't spoil it for you.


I am also reading one of the books my friend May sent me, "Say you're one of them."
That one is a little more difficult to read because of the subject matter on the poor in Africa but it's a reality and reality is not always pretty. The dialogue between the characters is often done in broken English and portrays the accent to capture the feeling of who is speaking. It has been interesting to read.


I also organized my office/craft room and sketched out its new layout and focal wall. It's going to be brown and white with a large print. I'm still trying to decide whether to paint or wallpaper. Paint is cheaper but the design will be labor intensive. Wallpaper is expensive but will give me the satisfaction of getting it done quickly.


As for the French cooking, I pulled out my old Julia Child cookbook and blew off the dust.
And that's as far as I got.
At least she's out in the open now, tempting me to try something, or intimidating me... I vote intimidating.


So how about you? How are you coming along?

4 comments:

  1. I really like your idea of working on goals from April to October and October to April. I'm going to look through my notes from last Conference and see what I can work on until April. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started reading "Love the One You're With." I always worry....Hopefully, it will turn out to be a DECENT, good book.
    Have a great day.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. hitting the gym hard, haven't eatten past 8 - so hard sometimes, and getting my other goals done.

    I loved the Pilot's wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about Julia Child being intimidating. One day I will own that cook book and will try some of those recipes.

    FYI: If you do any swaps when I'm gone, I'll probably still join in via mail. ;)
    ...and I bet we could get emilie to put something on her blog.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say