I stopped at the antique store after a hair appt. The search has finally ended on finding a good stylist by the way! This is a big deal to me. To any woman with hair, really.
She was great and understood exactly what I wanted and actually paid attention. The shampoo slash scalp massage felt so good on my migraine pain. She even blew out the cut which I don't normally have them do. I could tell she was doing a good job so when she turned me around, I said, "No way, give me your card!"
So while I had some time and no kids in the car, I went to the antique shop to check and see if a certain booth was still having their sale. They were so at 50% off, I got a few things and only spent $10.80. Giddy.
I did have a mission. I have photo sessions scheduled for the weekend and I was in search of some vintage numbers. The closest thing I found was this number reader. I figured I would have to make my own. It will work, I think.

If not, I'll use these alphabet cards.

But then I started looking around and I also found some more globes and a canvas hockey bag. I'm thinking of making it into a pillow for Reese or maybe just using it as a bag. He can throw all of those little toys in there that are strewn across the floor when he feels like "cleaning." As long as I don't have to do it, I don't care how they are picked up and stored. Is that bad?

My girls and I like to wear vintage jewelry so a necklace and some cameos rounded out the trip.
Then I stopped by Carrie's house and talked with her and she gifted me a bag of organic brown rice. 25 lbs of it! Giddy.
Reese met me at the door right when I got home to go to his "Meet the teacher" day. After seeing his desk and supplies, we toured the little environmental center on the school property where they get to learn about animal specimens and plants.
School starts on Monday and guess, what? GIDDY! Well, I am anyway, sort of. I hate to see summer end and miss the kids but then I also enjoy fall and some quieter time at the house. It'll be fun!
Oh, and my husband comes home tonight so I'm giddy about that too.
*****
linking to A little Knick Knack
Sounds like you had a great find at the antique store. Congrats. I'm excited to see what your photo shoot is going to produce.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the awesome haircut. And YES! Massage on the migraining scalp=heaven!
Hoping your head feels better by the time hubby arrives.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a very full day.
I love seeing your antique finds! Thanks for sharing! sounds like a wonderful day you had. What is your photo shoot on/for?
ReplyDeleteHey, any way to get toys off the floor is all right by me! I bought a little shelf unit and my son just has fun moving it around the playroom dumping toys out he never touches. So, the bag is a great idea in my book! (Sorry about your migraine! You're a trooper for leaving the house!) A big thanks for joining my link party!!
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you are so giddy! Enjoy the quiet. I know I have been.
ReplyDeleteGreat hairstylist, great finds at the antique store, great kids and hubby coming home soon = great day. So, I guess you showed that old migraine what was what, huh? :) Yeah for you!! Pam @ Sallygoodin
ReplyDelete