After a few errands today, we will begin preparing mashed potatoes to feed a bunch for tomorrow's big feast. The kids and I will start peeling away later in the day so I'll have a head start in the morning.
We love Thanksgiving around here. It's my kids' favorite holiday.
Right after we married, we moved far, far away from our family. Jon's parents moved to Texas later on so we lived in the same state for about a year before we moved again. Since then all of our holidays were spent with just our little family. Occasionally we headed out West or down South for Thanksgiving festivities. Although I missed big family gatherings, I have enjoyed beginning new traditions with our kids and being able to spend the holiday with friends. Especially friends who will let me go into a Turkey coma on their couch and then go back for seconds and thirds.
Ahhh, the holidays.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Today I am thankful for: (in no particular order)
Family
Friends
Job
Church
Wood stove
Memories
That I found my favorite hair brush
Nice storage unit manager
Happy convenience store clerk
Flexible working hours
That the 2nd auto repair quote was less than half of the first quote
And you.
What are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's hear what you have to say