Pages

The Thanksgiving recap

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm working on the house this weekend in preparation to bring out all of the Christmas decorations. It's my all-time favorite decorating holiday. But first, a little picture recap of Thanksgiving with friends whose tablesetting ideas I am going to steal borrow next year!

The fruity turkey.
It was fun to pluck away all of his "feathers" made of
grapes, strawberries, and cheese and olive shish kabobs.
His face was made out of a pear and his body was a pineapple. If you look closely at the last picture, you will see he was picked clean.

Reese had to check his new e-mail account and play a couple of games. He is still bummed that mine is the only message he has received.

The turkey place card was the cutest thing ever. It's made of oreos, a mini Reese's for the body, a whopper for the head and candy corn for feathers and the beak. I think it was all held together with frosting. Trae couldn't wait to eat his so that's the first thing he had.

Each place setting had a different list of Thanksgiving jokes and trivia.


Alan, the host, reprised his role as Master carver. He did a good job with his knife skills.


Amber, the hostess, worked hard on the dinner and was responsible for making those cute edible accessories and so many of the delicious pies.


It was a great way to spend the holiday. It's always fun to gather around friends who make you feel more like family.

4 comments:

  1. I love the fruity turkey--I wanna do that. What is the face? Melon? My kids owuld love this and it'd be a totally new and ifferent thing for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best was being able to share it with good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me Rebecca - I left out what she used for his body and face. The body is a pineapple and the face was a pear.
    All of the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a darling centerpiece!

    Looks like you had a great time.

    Good luck with the Christmas decoration thing. I can't make myself go there yet.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say