Pages

Poor November...

Friday, November 7, 2008






pushed aside for it's prettier, more popular sister, December.

The day before Halloween I was at the store browsing the aisles.

Of course I was there for last minute things...

As I was aimlessly looking at each aisle of things that I didn't
really need, I began to hum, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmaaas, daaa, da daa, da daaa.." and I realized that I was doing it.
I was getting Halloween over with so I could get ready for Christmas.
I wasn't even thinking about Thanksgiving. I felt bad for November.
So this year I am committed to enjoying this last full month of fall, cranking out the pumpkin pie (the family favorite) and trying out some new warm, soothing, fall comfort foods.


And I am not even looking at the Christmas decorations until I have finished raking all the leaves and help to lift November's spirits,

Or mine..

This year we are taking a Thanksgiving trip to Texas to visit Jon's family which we are all excited and thankful for. And I also get to visit my relative's on my mom's side.
I have missed my mom everyday for 9 months now so seeing her family - my family, will be a soothing way to enter in to what was her favorite holiday, Christmas.

I have never visited Texas without her and I don't expect to this time either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say