Pages

They Say It's your Birthday

Monday, January 19, 2009








Charley's birthday was yesterday, January 18. I can't believe my little red-head is 12.

I remember the morning, a Sunday, when I woke at 6 am and told Jon it "was time." I was 2 weeks overdue but I figured she needed extra cookin' so it didn't bother me. I showered and got ready for the hospital as the contractions were getting closer. We stopped off at a friends house on the way and then made the 45 minute drive to DACH, the Army Hospital. I was transitioning in to hard labor when I got there and they didn't think I could have an epidural at that point.
Whaaa?!!?
Me likey the drugs and I admit it!

Then my nurse said that I could get one (bless you, sweet nurse!) and that 15 minutes of rest was awesome!

Charley came quickly and easily - she was ready for the world.

We were ready to have her.

All of her siblings love her, especially Blair. Charley makes us laugh and has an easy-going, creative and considerate personality. I enjoy hearing her practice the guitar, cello and working on her voice! I love this child of mine and my life has been enhanced by her. She adds so much interest to our family. When she was little, people would ask, "Where did you get that hair?!" and she'd shyly reply, "From Jesus."

She likes to make other people happy. It is easy to love her because of her tender heart. She is always for the underdog and thinks of others. She is very helpful to me around the house which I really appreciate.

On a funny note, she is also known for her fashion sense. Her Elementary school principal said to me that they couldn't wait to see what she was wearing every morning because she had a good sense of fashion. It's funny because she tends to shun trends to mix things up on her own with pattern, layers, and necklaces. As Charley would happily bounce in to school, the office staff told me they thought, "that kid is gonna go far in whatever she does."

Because she easily shares her feelings with her dad and me, it gives us joy that she feels comfortable enough to come to us.

We pray it always stays this way.
We love you Charley bear!

2 comments:

Let's hear what you have to say