Pages

Vamos a la playa

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hello there.
It's been a long time.
I've been busy. Studying. Working. Playing.
Not necessarily in that order.
But anyway, I'm always thinking about catching up on the blog. I have stuff in the works!

Right now I am enjoying a vacation to Hilton Head and Orlando.
Hilton Head was awesome as usual. It was great to see all of our old friends and relax on those beaches. Sigh - we miss it and yet we enjoy PA too.
It's one of those things where if I could take bits and pieces of the places we've lived and with the people we've met along the way and create my own town, it would be my ideal home.

On HHI, we went out to dinner with some good friends which was great. We hit the beach at another friend's house and played Frisbee, hunted for hermit crabs and all kinds of shells. We sunk our feet into the warm sand and stared out into the water. We watched pelicans swoop down for their fresh fish catch of the day and kept our eyes open for dolphins to show us their jumping ability.
We even canoed at low tide. Magical.
We watched an alligator sun himself on the opposite bank from another friend's backyard. The alligator showed us how nice his teeth were when he opened his mouth r e a l wide. I'm glad we were across the pond for that. I have a strange fear of alligators. It's not strange to me though. I think it's healthy. And smart if I do say so myself.

Now we are at the Magic Kingdom.
Our trip is almost over.
That's not so magical...

3 comments:

  1. These words are the feelings are my heart right now exactly.
    "It's one of those things where if I could take bits and pieces of the places we've lived and with the people we've met along the way and create my own town, it would be my ideal home."

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! Enjoy the last part of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you were on vacation!! How fun. It just sounds magical. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say