Pages

A canned goods Christmas

Saturday, December 26, 2009


The wrap and prep party for Santa lasted all night.

Trae loved opening his presents but I am still convinced you could give him a can of artichoke hearts and he'd be happy. He had more fun with the wrap than with his presents. He's all, 'who needs cheap toys when I have an empty box and a bunch of trash?'

To throw the bloodhounds off the scent, I put cans of green beans into 2 of the bags that were holding Forever 21 gift cards. After checking out the gift cards, the girls looked deeper into the bags and pulled out the beans.
"What's this?" asked Belen to which I replied they could just put it back in the cupboard. But they said they would keep it for personal food storage.
I think it will be cool when I am making something with beans next time and their friends are over, to ask them to go into their bedrooms and get me a can of green beans. I live for those types of situations. Maybe I'll even have my hair in curlers and be wearing a housecoat, that would be even better.

Santa couldn't find Reese or Trae's stocking because they kept putting them on as socks and you know how quickly socks disappear. Which, I think is a conspiracy to drive me nuts. Anyway, Santa had to use boots instead. I may just tell him to do that from now on because it was so cute and clever I might add.

Blair has been waiting for Splash Dora or Splash Ariel. She never really could make up her mind so Santa went with Splash Ariel. After her initial excitement, the question was, "Now where's Dora?" followed by a little sad face. Reading the mind of a 4 year old is hard. Why would he get that for her anyway? Doesn't he know we don't currently have a bathtub? Well, technically we do but it's still in the box.

I was asked to fill up a Rubbermaid tub with water so Splash Ariel could take a swim. The water must be warm too. Man, this doll is demanding. Why can't she just like empty boxes and paper trash instead?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Laura! Merry Christmas to you and the family. I love, love, love my things, only my kids ate that chocolate all up while I was looking for a basket for the potpourri = (

    Cherish those silly moments with the kids while they're still young and active. My kids are growing older now and in a few years, the last one will be out the door and I still feel like there was much I couldv'e done for them or with them.

    This was the only year we splurged a little on my oldest Marley. We got him a pricey all gadgets included pocket size camera (for the mission too). I know they discourage expensive items but I want him to take tons of pics from now on, so he'll remember it all.

    I like the Splash Ariel in a Rubbermaid. Mina only wanted Wii games and the morning after, she's done with it. Kids?! Enjoy your weekend.

    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONe year we had an Easter boot. I should show you the pictures. It was sort of hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Montgomery's!!!

    Love the green bean idea and that they wanted to keep them... and that you're going to use it against them! Soooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit to my blog, your words resonate the way I have been feeling lately.
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say