10 things I learned:
- Kat Von D is beautiful, a classically trained pianist and is a good business woman.
- They really are artists. Anyone who can take a vague request or an idea from a picture, draw out a sketch and capture what the customer wants, is pretty good.
- I like vintage cars.
- When the girl with the tattoo on her rib cage of a 1940's glam girl-in-her-bikini-looking-over-her-shoulder-while-steering-a-ship, has a baby, that tattoo will expand to look like someone standing in front of a circus mirror, while steering a ship of course.
- This business and its clientele is very different than it was 20 years ago.
- Tattoos are not for everybody.
- There is a difference between a tattoo parlor and a tattoo shop.
- Ink is not cheap.
- Don't judge based on looks or the number of tattoos one has ( I already knew that but it's a good reminder.)
- I'm glad I don't want a tattoo because it looks painful and if I'm going to voluntarily have needles buzz around me, they better be making me look 10 years younger.

I have never watched this show. Secretly I always wanted a tatoo, but never had the courage. Which in the end, ended up being a good thing.
ReplyDeleteFUNNY....the tattoo on stomach and baby....
Have a good day.
Sandra
I think she's beautiful, but I'm not a big fan of the tatoos.
ReplyDeleteIt's always interesting to think about how the tats on young beautiful girls will change over time when gravity hits and changes their bodies.
I'm with you, if I'm going to have the pain of needles they better be making me look younger!
LOL, that's funny. I've only watched that show a few times, but it was surprisingly addictive, haha. I agree with the needle part, hate them, and would only agree to it if I were getting some kind of anti aging treatment :) Never tried botox, kind of weary about possible side affects :)
ReplyDeleteI have 9 tattoos strategically placed to be covered at the appropriate times, like church. In my culture, tattoos are tradition. I would advise that if people plan on getting them, they make sure there is LIFETIME meaning to them and consider real reasons in getting inked and please, don't do it because it seems like a good idea when they're drunk or matching ones with friends that will probably not be a LIFE long situation. My tattoos are all connected to special people in my life.
ReplyDeleteFunny how I just changed my profile picture to the tattoo on my back then you post this = P
oh i love me some kat von d! back in my single days in san diego, i walked into a parlor to "get some ink"...but THANKFULLY they didn't do where i wanted it done (nothing scandalous...lower heel). you cracked me up w/ your last point about needles. :-)
ReplyDeleteI have added you to LDS Listings. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThat is all good information! My good friend got a tattoo of a maple leaf (she's canadian) on her hip bone. She went with her daughters and they also got the same tattoo. Good bonding time. Me...I'd rather get pedicures with my daughters but then I'm a wimp.
ReplyDeleteI have never watched that show.. I think I would cringe every time someone got a tattoo... I know I could never do it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog.