I love me a good party. Don't you?
I've been wanting to have some sort of soiree and was thinking of different themes.
Superbowl, Valentines, Summer kick-off, famous couple or a Tamale making party (this is one of our favorites and I'm planning to have one in May. Homemade Tamales- yum!)
But I thought a "Poor Taste" party that my friend told me about was funny.
At this party she attended each guest was asked to bring something or do something in poor taste. One guy brought chips and dip.
Harmless and easy, right?
Nothing in poor taste there except that the dip was presented in a diaper. Pretty bad...
One couple sent their 3 kids to the door with a note saying they were going to skip the party and go out on a date. When the host opened the door, the couple honked the horn, waved good-bye and drove off laughing. That was a hilarious choice of poor taste! I fully expect that to happen if I do have this type of get together...
My brother and his wife have huge parties. They are kind of known for them and everyone looks forward to their big bashes every year. When they have a white elephant gift exchange, there is one gift that has been going around for about 10 years now - a men's speedo. Whoever gets it has to bring it back the next year and pass it along with a picture of themselves wearing it.
Let's just say there have been many who would've liked to have gouged out their eyes after seeing those photos.
At least they had a year to get in shape...or not.
It can't be as bad as the guy I saw at a waterpark up in Fishkill, NY who was wearing a men's thong swimsuit. It was silver. Shudder.
And I wanted to gouge out my own eyes...
Anyway,
Do you have any good party ideas? Inspire me!
(Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. 3 laptops in 2 years and my desktop is biting the dust too. I had to call a foreign country to get the US address of where I needed to send the laptops. Don't even get me started...)
Silver thong - priceless. Several times used over speedo, there is no way you could get that on Travis.
ReplyDeleteAnd he said you had a tamale recipe. You must share. I need to catch up on my Texas cooking.
Every year our friend has a "World Peace through Desserts" party.
ReplyDeleteThey always make the announcement in the form of a Newspaper write up or UN sumit meeting notes about how they are one step closer to attaining world peace because of getting together and sharing desserts. It is the BEST party!
We have thought of starting a similar party each year.
We attended an ugly sweater party this past year. BUT...usually, we don't go to allot of parties, if any actually. So no ideas here. I do love the poor taste party idea though.
ReplyDeleteA valentines party would be fun? Have you watched Julie and Julia? And the cute valentine party they had, and they had large hearts pinned on them??!! SO CUTE. OH NOW I'M THINKING....I might have a valentines party of my own. OH MAN....look what you've don!!! THANKS
Sandra
Yayy your back!
ReplyDeleteWe use to throw major back yard boogies in LA, but we have changed our lifestyle, so we try to do parties that stay within good taste and keeping the 'standards'. Needless to say, not too many parties anymore.
Halloween is STILL our big one since it is our fave. I'm in charge of our YW girl's camp fundraiser and were doing a big Disney costume party extravaganza complete with a World buffet and a show and every girl will be a Disney princess.That's the best one we got going so far.
Do a costume party.
LOL!!!! I"m not really sure how white elephant parties work but the speedo thing is SO funny!!!! Unfortunately I'm not a very good party person so I better look to YOU for inspiration!
ReplyDeleteclothedmuch.blogspot.com
Thanks for the hilarious post! I'm still laughing...the kids ask why but they just won't appreciate the men in the speedo thing....
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed get togethers where everyone brings their favorite "comfort food" as you never know what you are going to get. It's fun to hear the stories as each shares the "why." Just a thought!