Pages

Another year

Tuesday, July 20, 2010


When I first met Jon, we were just a couple of high school kids.

To me he was just a nice boy.

I never thought then that he'd be the father to my 5 children, or the guy who gave up his dream job because he couldn't think of being away from us 3 weeks out of the month.

I was only thinking of getting my homecoming dress and coordinating it with his outfit.

I never thought then that he'd be the one to, without complaint, run to the store anytime the kids (or I) got a craving for a treat. Or every night, gather the kids around him on the bed and read stories until he fell asleep.

I was only thinking of seeing him in the halls between classes and watching him play football at the stadium.

I never thought then that he'd be the one I lay next to every night and talk with face to face about our day, plans for tomorrow or reminisce of our teenage years together.

I am thankful that we get to spend his Happy Birthdays with him, forever.

Happy Birthday to my love.

8 comments:

  1. Very moving. Nicer than any present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet ! You two are so lucky to have known each other for many years before you married. I often wish I had known my Hubs during our growing up years too.

    Hope you all have a wonderful birthday celebration together !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully sweet tribute to your sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. I love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gave you an award on my blog. Stop on by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sense of past and present so wonderfully interwoven in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post! Belated Happy Birthday to your husband.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say