Jon and I think it's interesting that we grew up in the same town, attended high school together but never lived as a married couple there. We moved a few days after we wed and have only been back a handful of times. Sometimes you just have to go where the job takes you.
For my mom it was the same way and I understand now, her excitement when one of her nieces or nephews would come visit us from Texas. Just as you can see yourself in your child, you see your sibling in theirs and it's comforting to know you are all connected.
Connected not only by bloodline but by the whole family experience with its good and bad times; a lifetime of memories.
This week all of my envisioning has come true and it has been delightful. I wish it could stay this way but I'll take what I can have and be thankful for it always. We are loving it.
A sightseeing trip in pictures








what a beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the trip to Washington DC
Those pictures are great! I love the monument ones.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou just never know where life will take you. My husband and lived just outside of DC from 2002 to 2007. I really enjoyed the history and the seasons.
How wonderful for all of you ! I thought the same as you until my Hubs swept me off my feet and away to far and diverse places with his military career. Every chance we get and nearly every vacation is with or near our families...we just love them so much !
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Belen and Jon. We've been trying to take the kids to DC all summer, but without success. It looks like tons of fun.
ReplyDelete