Pages

Frugalicious fashion

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yesterday seemed to be the perfect day to go to the thrift store since I hadn't been in a while. So I packed up the kids and we headed out. I first looked at some house ware type of items but nothing jumped out at me so I decided to go by the clothing aisles. It was super busy since it was the weekly family 50% off day. It can be hard to find things because everything is categorized by color within the depts. So I just gravitated toward the colors I liked and this is what I came home with - a cute skirt, shoes and...




two pairs of pants, (one still had Gap store tags) a shirt, another skirt and a pile of play clothes for Reese, Blair and Trae man. All without any problems and some with original sales tags even. For 36.00 bucks I'd say that was pretty good.

Saving there helps when I want to do a little splurging elsewhere. Like tomorrow for instance, my friend is taking me to a huge plant auction. She bought these big urn planters complete with beautiful flowers and some hanging baskets for 6 dollars a piece. She stuffed her car to the top with them. Can you believe that?? The urns flank her doorway and I hope some will do the same for mine, if I can be so lucky.

Cheerio,

Laura


3 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful skirt! I wanna see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finds! Yowza!
    I can't wait to see the plants you score on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't thrifting wonderful..indulgence with absolutely no guilt. That's what I'd like to do today, except I have to make the salsa. Hope you get good buys at the plant sale, I bought some blueberries for my daughter 20% off. We know absolutely nothing about growing them. Have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say