When I photograph children there is no telling how long they will tolerate me so I always go in with some sort of plan. Those plans are usually gone the minute we start. I bring an arsenal of props for interest and other secret weapons but ultimately I just follow them along and work very fast, my fingers adjusting the settings as quickly as I can.

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to photograph my friend's little boys, one who just had a birthday. I always encourage parents to get in to the pictures also so I was happy that Amber was willing to do that. You never know what sweet memory you will make through a photograph.
My whole goal is to capture kids as naturally as new surroundings afford them and just let them be. That plan will always produce something good.
These boys were exceptional and are about the most well behaved little guys I have ever met. And their mom? Well as you can see, she is naturally beautiful, whose beauty is only enhanced by her goodness.
This is just a small sampling of the day.


Those are such very very cute boyz!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. You are very talented.
Wow! You are an awesome photographer. Forgive me, but now I "get" your comment about photographing our little Emma!! Sorry to be so slow about that... old timers acts up every so often ;)
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful pictures! I love the candid shots Your friend is beautiful indeed and her sons look just like her. You captured them perfectly, wow!
xoxox,
Ellen
What good pictures!
ReplyDeleteHow darling !
ReplyDeleteHaving a great eye for composition and understanding your subjects sure makes awesome photos !
they turned out great! i love the one of marcus jumping off the steps! :-)
ReplyDeletethe pictures are BEAUTIFUL, but the compliments mean the most. Thanks in EVERY way, Laura. You're the best!!
ReplyDeleteThese are GReat pictures! I love the train tracks pics and the one with the boys kissing Amber. They will treasure the pictures forever.
ReplyDelete