Pages

Domesticated life and photos

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Today's rain makes me want to stay in all day and finish up projects while the fire is crackling. We've decided to heat the house with the wood stove this year since the electric company's price hike set us back $500.00 on one electricity bill. Just one. We couldn't stomach another. So we bought a $30.00 pallet of wood and have been using it for two weeks now. I must say I am enjoying it so far. I even like to start the fire. And when I do, I yell, "We've got FIYAHHH!!" to which Blair bear says smiling, "You say that every time."

The kids are in my room watching "Max and Ruby" and I am letting the chalkboard paint dry on Reese's closet doors. They turned out nice and smooth, perfect for the drawing and scribbling that Trae and Reese will do - hopefully with just chalk. The kitchen is clean and the washer and dryer are at full speed. I'm taking a quick break to curl up on the couch. I love domesticated life and this break would be even better if I had a carbonated soft drink in my hand but I swore off the stuff. Herbal tea sounds better for this weather anyway.


And here's the other project(s) that I have been working on over the past month. Enjoy!








3 comments:

  1. I can't say as I blame you.... word heat sounds much cheaper. Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOly hot commodity. Although I'm not sure if that is spelled right. You are a picture taking fool, but brilliant as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy BUSY, batman! amazing photos. Can't wait to see them all!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say