Pages

The Traditional gift is crystal and the Modern is a watch

Wednesday, December 17, 2008


Today is my 15Th wedding anniversary. (uh, we married at 16???)
I was going to try to get the appropriate gift for 15 years for Jon but we don't usually exchange gifts since Christmas is just around the corner. We're okay with no gifts. And he brings me flowers, which I love!

And a few things came up today, like a last minute trip to the doc and a child who needed us, so we didn't have any big anniversary plans.
We took two of the kids with us to look for new lighting. We are doing some light remodeling on the house and the whole place needs light fixtures. Modern ones. Not 70's builder grade specials. I am sitting here looking into the dining room thinking that Jon's choice of a double drum shade pendant light would not have been too large for the space after all.
Hmmm...we may need to make another trip.

Anyway, while in the car, we talked about high school and our favorite memories of each other. His was coming to my house to watch Friday Night Videos and mine was playing basketball with him at Dorothy Fox Elementary school. We also thought walking to each others house on a snow day was fun. He lived on top of Prune Hill and I lived in its valley. I guess you could say I'm a valley girl.

Jon and I always sing songs together, usually just to bug the kids-cause it's fun. He was trying to remember if George Michael sang the song, "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day..." and then we started singing it. We laughed and decided that there is no one else we could have done this with - sing goofy songs in their entirety and not be embarrassed that we know them. One reason we were made for each other.
I think our marriage is fun and 15 years have flown. I know the key for us is that we genuinely enjoy each other's company. He is my friend and my first choice to hang out with. I really like him. We always say our dream jobs would involve working with each other from home somehow. I like the fact that we get along. That doesn't mean we don't disagree. There are just some things we agree to disagree on and that's okay.

He truly is my best friend and I still smile to myself when I think of him throughout my day.
My mom's advice when I was dating: marry a man that likes to dance and who will go to the mall with you.
We still like to dance (now it's a party with the 7 of us!) and lucky for him, I'm not a huge mall-goer!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I really enjoyed reading that! You guys are just perfect for each other :) Hope you have a great Christmas!

    Can you email me your new address? ecrowe@hargray.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! I hope your Christmas is great! I'll e-mail you now. I also need your new address!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say