Aahg!
I get all of the kids out of school, pack up the little ones and head out to the Dr. only to be told it was the wrong day. I looked at my notes, checked the cell-phone calendar and double checked the paper where I wrote down the day and time of the appt. along with a bunch of doodles. (Terrible habit - I deface any paper that's laying around. Kind of embarrassing when I send out bills and I have doodled all over them. Oh well.)
But anyway, my scribbles say it was the right day, but apparently it wasn't. Man!
So we head back home and the kids are happy they have a half a day off.
I'm sad that I am losing my mind.
I'm sad that I am losing my mind.
Is the memory the first thing to go? See, I can't even remember that!
And now I'm completely off track because this wasn't the main part of my story.
See? Memory loss here.
Anywho, while picking up the kids, I decided I had better get Belen too. She wasn't going to go with us originally. But I didn't think I'd be back in time to pick her up and then get her to practice so I had the office call her out of class. She was in the lunchroom at the time so they made the announcement over the loudspeaker. When an office worker said her name, she pronounced it "Bee-leen." She really held out the syllables, BEEE-LEEN, like if someone had asked you to speak up so you speak louder and enunciate ev*er*y. syl*la*ble. Who would name a kid BeeLeen?? Maybe Apple, Xanadu or even Bronx but BeeLeeen??? No way.
Oh, what did I do to her? (She actually likes her name and prefers her full name, Belen-Therese, but everyone would shorten it when I would say it, so I just followed suit.)
I sat wondering how in the world she got that from Belen (written for her with an accent on the second E) Sounds like "Bell"+"len," = Belen. Sometimes it sounds like Bay-len. My brother, for one, says it this way,which is cool too.
Oh well, the office lady tried and she gave me a chuckle for the day. That counts for something!
When Belen got in the car, she told me when the announcement came over, everyone got quiet. When her name, or whomever name it was, was said, a boy stood up and yelled toward the loudspeaker, "IT'S BELEN! BEL-EN, NOT BEELEEN!" Everybody in the lunchroom laughed, including Belen. It was funny.
She would answer to Marvin O. Gravel Balloon Face if it meant getting out of school early.
It's tough losing your mind. I am too. Your kids are so cute. I hope your daughter had a nice B-day. I'm glad that you liked the hugs. I made a few peanut butter 1s. My hubby has been eating those kisses, so they should be fine. I ran out of the other kisses so used the p butter 1s.
ReplyDeleteHi Laura! I've been checking in on your blog for a little while now and I just love how you write.... you tell such great stories and you are so funny too! :)
ReplyDeleteThe pic of Belen and Blair is beautiful and since Charlie had her birthday... we miss her very much in Primary, altough I'm sure she's happy to be on to bigger and better things! :)
Jaime
Hi! I got your phone message, and we would LOVE to have the nursery toys cleaned! I have a key if you wanted to pick it up on your way to church. I'm pretty sure we'll be here. Just let me know!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Thanks Jaime! I appreciate that. I never know what to write, though. I guess we're not too exciting...
ReplyDeleteI think Charley misses Primary too but she's ready to be with the "older girls" now, ha ha. She wants to babysit now since she's legal!