A new year is here - right on!
I look forward to the new year and all of its possibilities!
Jon and I were talking about the word for ourselves for the year. It has to be something that will sum up our goals for 2009 in one word.
His is 108. But that's a number so his word is one-oh-eight. That's better. It's for his job and he is working hard to meet his career goals. High five me, honey!
I was thinking about my word all day and it will be enhance. This seems to be my mindset as I go into the new year with a continuous stack of home improvement projects to do and business ideas I am always throwing out there.
Using a word for the year may seem too simplistic but this is a better way for me. I just know that when I set goals, I never seem to get to all of them. I guess I'm either a realist or I sell myself short, I don't know. I just haven't been a huge goal setter but Jon reminded me that I'm good at supporting other people's goals. Does that count?
I remember a while back at a church activity, we had to write down 3 goals we had achieved. I didn't write anything down and went on to the next question. Someone asked me about it and I replied that I really don't set any (and I might add I was always okay with.) "Reeaallyy?!?" she said with a gasp and I suddenly felt like Bart Simpson. She thought that was the dumbest thing she had ever heard and then ended up using me as an example in her Sunday School lesson the next day. Something like, "I was speaking to someone once and they said they didn't set goals. I just don't know how any one could live that way." Translation: I was speaking with Laura yesterday and she is such a loser.
Luckily for her, I laughed at myself.
So back to my word.
This year I want to make sure that whatever I do will somehow enhance the lives of my family, my friends, and myself whether it's here at home, work, school or church.
For example, before I bring anything else in to the house I can ask myself if this item is really going to enhance our life or just make it cluttered. Or I can do more for my young women's class at church so their lives will be enhanced by a better prepared, fun, and well thought-out lesson. See, my word is already leading me to setting a goal of getting organized - in a round about way.
The nerve of my word - making me all goal-y and stuff!
So, do you have a word of the year for yourself?
If so, what is it?
Your ideas would help me, I'm sure.
Remember, Bart Simpson, here!
Do share!
Hi Laura. It's Kimberly, your Valentine swap partner. Cool blog.
ReplyDelete