I've embraced the fact that I am a slacker mom. But sometimes that fact hits me in the face and I have to pause and wonder if it's not too late to change. Today was one of those days.
We have a hill in our backyard and the last remnants of a snow day are still evident. Today as Mother Nature was giving us a Spring teaser, 2 of my kids thought they would take advantage of the hill and its steep slope. I was told, "Mom, we're going outside." No mention of the word 'sledding.' One of those kids was little Blair and the other remains nameless as to protect the innocent. Blair was having a try at tackling the run and was told to turn away from the bushes, turn awaaay. Not sure why she was going it alone but again, that sledding word was not mentioned...
I'm sure she had full faith in her navigational abilities...
The kids came in the house to where Jon and I were working and I was told that Blair had hit the bushes. I was a bit confused. What? Bushes? Where? What were you doing?? I asked these probing questions as Blair lifted up her shirt and showed me her scraped tummy and then I noticed scrapes on her cheek and neck.
She was crying saying, "Poor Blair Bear." and "I don't love sledding."
I jumped up and carried her to the bathroom to doctor her all up and as I was putting her in the shower, she was sad and said, "momma, I don't want to sled ever, ever again. I hurt myself and when I go sled, I just screwve myself."
"What??" I say, "you'll just what?"
"Screwve myself."
That's what I thought she had said, "screwve" yourself. (at least she put in the "v"!)
I held my laughter until she was in the shower. Then I went and promptly shared with Jon what came out of the mouth of our babe.
*sigh* Such good parents we are...
You're an excellent, mother! At least she didn't break anything, right? What a beautiful picture of Blair bear.
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious!
ReplyDelete