Pages

I'm a little bit country but I like rock n' roll

Thursday, February 5, 2009

I took a little quiz that I saw on a design blog today and it confirmed what I already knew...

I am 'country urban' in what I like as a design style. Although I have always called it "Modern Country" or "Urban Cottage." I guess because the term "country" conjures up images of kitschy items that I have never collected.
I enjoy the juxtaposition of seeing vintage items next to something with modern lines. Give me a weathered tool box carrier to hold my spices rather than a store bought spice rack any day or an old chair with a pop of modern fabrics.

Looove it! It's fresh, fun, and there's always a story in there somewhere. Don't you love stories?

Take the quiz and see your style. You'll be given a series of images from which to choose like colors, fabrics and furniture pieces. Of course, being an Ikea quiz, they are heavy on the Scandinavian influence.
http://business.ikea.com/sb/siteshell/startup.html#,en_US;findyourstyle
Mine was 20% Scandinavian,(see the Ikea angle working?)20% Modern and 60% country.

Trae in a vintage rocking horse.
I love children's toys
and maybe have a few too many.
Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say