Our newborn boy
Playing peek-a-boo with momma.
Charley and Belen loved having a baby brother.
Is it me or does time seem to move more quickly each year??
We were living in Salt Lake City when Reese was born. My mom was living in Logan and she pleasantly surprised me the morning of Feb 2, when she called from the airport. I picked her up and we had a full day of shopping and walking around Salt Lake. I think all that walking was the catalyst which sent me in to labor.
Just as I was about to drift off to sleep at 11 that evening,
I said to Jon the familiar phrase, "It's time."
I knew I was going to be tired but was excited to get this baby here.
I knew I was going to be tired but was excited to get this baby here.
We had decided on the name Reese no matter the sex of the baby, but (of course) we were secretly hoping for a boy. (We chose to name the baby after Jon's best friend in high school, not for my love of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.) My college roommate and I used to wallpaper our dining area with Reese's wrappers but I digress...
I got to the hospital around midnight and was ready to get this show on the road! The nurse-midwife said he thought this baby would weigh in around 7 lbs. But at 5 am Reese came roaring into the world weighing 8 lbs. 8 oz.
My Dr. and nurse said they were way off the mark on his weight...uh, yeah...
Jon and I were thrilled and I instantly fell in love with a boy for the second time.
How appropriate I thought, that he was born on Super Bowl Sunday. Jon enjoyed holding him and watching the game. Their first father/son event!
Reese likes to read. He reads very well and likes chapter books, especially about dinosaurs. He likes to build and draw. He drew the most amazing picture of his invention he wants to make someday. It even had cogs that fit perfectly together and they were all going the right direction.
I love that he's missing his two front teeth and how he talks without them. It reminds me of when he was really little.
He loves animals, even insects...He likes to play chess and baseball and loves his Ben 10 Alien Force stuff. Reese is our budding artist. Anything he can cut, saw, glue, paint, staple, string together, or just plain create seems to make him the happiest.
He makes us the happiest.
Oh they grow so fast. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hey, maybe I know your mom!
ReplyDeleteHave a good day.
Sandra