Pages

Dream Police

Tuesday, December 8, 2009


I was watching Oprah, or as Gail says, "Op," when Stephenie Meyer was a guest and she said that a vivid dream became chapter 13 of Twilight. After Stephenie awoke from this dream, knowing she didn't want to forget; she wrote it down and explored it. The rest, as they say, is history.
It got me thinking about some dreams I have had. I know they won't make me a bazillion dollars but they're fun to analyze, nonetheless. Some are funny, scary and down right wierd - usually due to those sleepless nights of pregnancy.
Last year I was talking with some family members about dreams and one of my
brothers and sister-in-law had dreams where their teeth fell out so we decided that must mean they were worried about aging. My other brother and a sister-in-law both had dreams where they could fly. My sister-in-law, Jodi, said she even had a good take-off and landing in this dream. She's very athletic and outgoing so we thought this represented her happy and carefree spirit.

Besides my alligator dream, ( I use to live in Hilton Head and was always worried those critters were going to eat my children) I have a recurring dream that maybe you could analyze for me. Although, it has been over a year since I have had it, so maybe I'm cured already...

But anyway,
In this dream I was in high school and could never remember my locker combination. I always had to go ask Mrs. Loop (my high school secretary) to look up the numbers which made me late for class. By the end of the day, I forgot it again so I didn't take any of my work home which was in the locker. Because of this I never turned in my assignments and didn't get to graduate.

Each time I have had this, I woke up in a panic and paused for a moment to remember if I did graduate. I quickly remembered that I had and my mind was relieved.

Any psycho analysis? Do you have strange dreams? Any recurring themes?
P.S. Baja fish tacos tonight - yum!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to meet you! I read through some of your posts. No hints on the drem analysis. Sorry. I have this dream every few months where it's finals week in college and I remember I have a final in a class I never went to. Can I just say it's been a few yeas since I was in college! I don't know what that means, either, unless somewhere deep down I want to go back. Hmmm. Maybe someday. I must say I LOVED the Home Depot Math post. I keep telling my kiddos that they'll have to use math forever, so just learn it and be happier. I may have to tell them your story! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't analyze dreams, but this is a very interesting topic of discussion. My high school reoccurring dream is where I see my then best friend running off with my boyfriend and they end up getting married. I don't know why I keep dreaming that but if you get someone to figure yours out, can you ask them to figure mine out too?

    I love me some fish tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a similar one. It is the first day of school and I have lost my class list/schedule, so I don't know where homeroom or any of my classes are and in what order. So I go to the office to get a new copy and it's always crazy busy in there. They hand me one and I head to my first class. At the end I dig for my schedule to find my second class and it is gone. Thus sending me to the office once more. This continues every period. Oy - I hate that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't I have Stefanie Meyer's dreams? I will use her example to sleep longer and during the day now.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

    I think I snore to loud and scare the dream maker away and have greatly disappointed my dream catcher. It's asked for a quieter room in the house.
    I must have been "special" in high school because I actually wrote the combo of my locker on the locker and no one ever opened it. If they did, they would only find books. Oh maybe they did open it and found nothing worth taking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... Maybe it's because you haven't finished something years ago that you should've finished? I don't know. I'm not very good at dream analysis!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a recurring dream that I get every few months just as I'm falling asleep... Everything is dark except for 3 steps which are just floating in the darkness. I can see my bare feet walking down the steps. I step off, feel like I am falling, and am startled awake.

    I also used to have a recurring dream as a kid that I was being bitten by a vampire bat... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always have strange bizarre dreams, especially while I'm pregnant. No analysis on this, though. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big believer in analyzing my dreams, and I think I find out a lot about what's going on underneath the surface that way. It seems as though if we don't work out our issues in our waking time (or aren't aware of them), our dreams will call them to our attention.

    If I had your dream, I would probably figure the meaning was pretty literal...Like maybe you are in a new phase (or were) of your life and didn't feel quite sure you could get the "combination" down. The fact that you stopped having the dream a year ago means you probably did get it down just right!

    =)

    PS. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say