Pages

A New Decade

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year folks!
I can't believe another year is winding down and we're already ending a decade.

Weren't we supposed to be driving hover cars by now?

2009 has been filled with ups and downs, laughter and tears, twists and turns - just like life was meant to be.

10 years ago my little family was celebrating the beginning of that decade and going into a new century atop the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City, Utah - dining at the Roof Restaurant. It was a beautiful dinner. We each received a complimentary champagne flute (w/Martinelli's of course :)) a red rose, party favors, hats and a bounteous feast. We had the best view of the fireworks display in the whole city until the fog rolled in and then we just had the best sound.

We've added 3 more to the family since then and have continued to move all over the country. In each place we have met great people and continue to make great memories. With the exception of adding more kids and moves, I expect to meet many more great people and pile up on memories.

So a virtual toast to all my bloggy friends -
Cheers! Salut! Pumpkin pie! - {that's the way we toast in our family.}
Here's to a good 2010 and embracing all of its possibilities and enduring them too.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Laura... Cheers! Salut! Pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've accomplished a lot in 10 years, you have a lot to be proud of.


    www.balancedmoms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Thanks for visiting my blog! :) I'll be back to yours too. I liked your tattoo post. I agree, any needles buzzing around me better make me look 10 years younger AND 20 pounds thinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin pie to you to Laura! I wish you the best in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that Pumpkin Pie saying = )
    I am hoping we get to know each other better in 2010. As you know, I'm a big fan of Laura the writer (and she ain't to bad herself). Let's go into this decade very hopeful.

    Btw, I think you know the things G. Beck said that got me to running the other way = P

    May

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this year is as fun and eventful as last year was. Have fun with your family.!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say