Pages

Just wondering about...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Eco-friendly" pillows made in Chinese sweatshops.

How much revenue is made by companies from consumers that have a small balance left on their store gift cards? I think there should be a law where stores have to cash out gift cards if the balance is $3.00 or less. 3 bucks is 3 bucks - an extra gallon of gas or a loaf of bread and a candy bar at least! Speaking of which, I'd like a candy bar right now...

How come the moms on "Toddlers and Tiara's" look like they just rolled out of bed, grabbed the first set of clothes they found and forgot to brush their hair?
The other day I watched a little bit of that t.v. show and the 11 year old winner's boyfriend was in the audience. I thought it was her kid brother. The mom was so excited to tell him she was grand supreme or something. Doesn't that title sound a little Klan-ish to you? Scary. Anyway, the girl gave him her sash and he wasn't too excited about it. Then they walked away hand-in-hand together, like they were adults.
I really hope I don't see them on one of those teen parent shows someday.

I'm also wondering why the women's group that is trying to have the Pro-Life Superbowl commercial featuring Tim Tebow removed, feel the need to speak for all women everywhere?
Why don't they focus on the sexually charged commercials showing men and women drinking into oblivion? I'm sure alcohol has something to do with many date rapes. They are saying that political statements should not be made at sporting events. Who knows? But in 1936, Hitler was using the Olympics to show the resurgence of a Nazi regime and hoping the German athletes would sweep the medals. It was one determined African-American man, Jesse Owens, who took home four Gold medals that year.
Now that was one great political statement even if it was never meant to be so and it is awesome to watch the old footage. This women's group wouldn't have a problem with that, would they?

These are just a few things that came up today and got me wondering. I know, don't hurt myself!
What makes you go hmmm?

3 comments:

  1. It's not right that they don't let you cash out on those cards. It's a conspiracy! haha.

    An 11 year old with a boyfriend?? What the heck?!? What kind of morons let their 11 yr old daughter have a boyfriend? I can't even wrap my mind around how absolutely STUPID that whole concept is.

    I heard the whole thing about that Pro life commercial. The majority of viewers will be too plastered to care about the commercial anyways.

    Jesse Owens - where have all are real athletic heros gone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you just reminded me that I have $3.16 that I need to go use at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

    The show "Toddlers and Tiaras" creeps me out to no end. I refuse to watch that show... Big hair, putting in those fake creepy looking perfect teeth. All the make-up. Gives me the creeps. And what the heck is an 11 year old doing with a serious boyfriend?! When I was 11 boys had cooties still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts. Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say