Trae couldn't resist a taste test.
Does planting grass in egg cups sound fun to you?
It did to us so that's what the kids did last week.
I made the crack on the tops of the eggs and opened it to save 2/3 of the eggshell. Luckily, my kids love to eat eggs so none were wasted. After washing them out, we filled them with soil and a generous pinch of grass seed.
When the grass has finished growing, and hopefully the quick seed will do the trick, we should have lush, green grass growing from the tops of these eggs.
We are going to use them as placecard holders on the dinner table. Each person's name will be written on cardstock and we'll place it between the blades of grass. And since eggs don't stand up straight too well, I'll help them out by using egg cups.
I think most kids love to do projects like this. It may just be a way to get mine to help set the table a little more egg-citedly...okay, I couldn't resist.
Fingers crossed for a nice crop of grass eggs!
I think most kids love to do projects like this. It may just be a way to get mine to help set the table a little more egg-citedly...okay, I couldn't resist.
Fingers crossed for a nice crop of grass eggs!

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the resulting pics...
ReplyDeleteHi Laura....it was so nice of you to stop by my blog and say hello. 5 children....God bless you. Love your egg idea, I can always use ideas, as I lack in the creativity department. So nice to meet you, see you soon, Hugs, Kathleen
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I am with Jenny; I can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteSooo cute!
ReplyDeleteSo darling!
ReplyDelete