Pages

Friends, Flower Show and IKEA

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Silver Burrow's Tail I purchased at the flower show.
I love its color against the aged color of the urn.








Amber and Carrie


This past weekend I went to the Philadelphia flower show with a couple of friends. A chance to get out of the house and into the big city with friends? I'm there!

We made our way onto the turnpike and in no time we were in the bustling city. It's always exciting to me when I see a nice skyline.

The flower show was filled with interesting floral displays and the aroma of sweet smelling blooms. There were plenty of items to buy as well so we each made stops to different booths to get flowers, seeds or plants. I rather enjoy the Silver Burrows Tail which will eventually grow and hang over the side of the planter. It will look so great when it gets to that point.
It's small enough to sit atop the counter in the urn for now.

After the show we were IKEA bound and continued shopping there. Who doesn't love a trip there as well?? Over the loudspeaker they tempted us with dinner for a dollar. So we checked it out and got Swedish (of course) meatballs and mashed potatoes - for a buck, really. It was so inexpensive that we treated ourselves to chocolate cake. Besides, we had walked a few miles already.

Over dinner we decided that for the show's price of admission there really should have been more to do and see. But it wasn't too high and we thought it was good to try once.

But it will always be worth any admission price to have a day to hang out with these gals again for good fun and conversation!
I would pay triple the price for that...
Up next - Baltimore harbor anyone??

11 comments:

  1. Those flowers are amazing. I love IKEA - and they have a place for the kids to play while mamma shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime and I want to take a trip to the Baltimore Harbor soon and devour some crab cakes. I know of a great place that has the best in the city. Let's try and get a group together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John - I'm honored that you commented. You get the 1st male commenter award...I would love some Maryland, big lump crabcake.
    We're in - let us know when!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with good friends! And to top it off, a cheap dinner. Love it!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog today, and for your sweet comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura Lynn!!

    I need a flower show right about now! I was hoping to smell them right along with you...

    Ikea gave away $1 meals? Awesome.

    I hope to make it out to Maryland in the fall. I have never been back East and I can't wait!!

    Thanks for stopping my today.. and for following me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally wanted to go too, but we didn't have the $$$. Blast! Who says money doesn't buy happiness?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally up for visiting the Harbor?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ikea too but it is always so busy. Thanks for comments on my blog and I am so happy that you are now a follower. I in turn will follow yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad you could come!! I had a blast, and your silver burrows tail looks amazing in that urn. I'm still trying to get mine hung up and it keeps breaking off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I LOVE your photos! I also had a really great time at the flower show and IKEA. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say