Pages

An effortless 15

Tuesday, March 16, 2010



Dear Belen,

When I first had you, everyone kept telling me how girls are harder to raise. And that I would see what they meant come the teen-age years. I would smile and tell people I haven't seen that side and I didn't think I would, because I never wanted to take away any goodness from you and feign humility to agree with them.
I didn't agree. I still don't.
They probably thought that I was just a young, naive mother. But I could see your character already and was trusting in it. You have been such a delight for me...so easy and accommodating with a good attitude about everything. Your patience could rival an old sage from literary tales.
I thank Heavenly Father everyday for making my transition into motherhood so smooth.
From the very first day, it was like you had been with us forever already, starting us out on this eternal journey and blending in to our little family so easily.
Actually, I believe you were.
And unbeknownst to you, you were laying the groundwork for future siblings to learn from your example. Thank you.
I'm so glad it was you.

Happy Birthday 15-love you.
Love,
Momma

6 comments:

  1. awwww that is a beautiful happy birthday letter to a beautiful daughter! Love the picture next to the old car, you should totally keep that forever and show it to her when she's older! I wish my mom had taken more cool photos like this of me when I was growing up! I hope, when the time comes one day, to have as much of a wonderful experience:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very sweet! Our daughter turned sweet 16 last Sept. and my letter to her was VERY similar to yours~ (and she calls me momma!) We are blessed moms, blessed families... like you, we're thankful for her fantastic leadership, gentleness etc. with her younger brother.
    She's beautiful! Happy Birthday, Belen~
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and loving tribute. She is a beautiful girl. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although my experiences have been limited I totally agree. I am in awe of her maturity and perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how I feel about my oldest child. She turns 15 next month. I count her as one of my dearest friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful girl! I love these photos.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say