Pages

A mother's letter to a birthday boy

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dear Trae man,

The past two years that you have been part of this family
has been some of the happiest days for us,
for me.

The joy you brought to our home was Heaven sent
and with you came a sense of excitement and fun.

Never has a little brother been so anticipated and loved.
Never has my heart been so full of joy when I wake to see your face each morning.

Before you were born,
I was beginning to feel that my role as a mother
wasn't as important as I once thought.
But then you came
and renewed my Spirit.
You reminded me that we are doing a good job
with your sisters and brother.

And life is good.

You have been the best way to round out this family.
I love to see your personality develop everyday.
I know there will be times when I scold you, ground you and maybe yell, too.
Forgive me.

I hope you know I just want the best for you, always.

You have been the best for me.

Happy Birthday Dear 2 year-old.

I love you,
Momma

4 comments:

Let's hear what you have to say