This week's picks were inexpensive and the sweet smell of (vintage) success was keeping a budget of $10.00. For less than 9 bucks, all four items have, or will have, a place in my home.
Let's take a look.
First up - the pennant.
Like the other I have shown, this one is from a surrounding area school. I found it at a large antique mall. At only 2 dollars, I felt like I was getting a BOGO (buy one get one free) because of the sweet little pin attached. It will be displayed in the boys' room once I have finished painting. I am done with the prep and have paint on the walls. The rest of the paint treatment may take a few more days, maybe more than few. But it'll get there and the pennants will look great.


At a thrift shop I found another transfer ware dish for my collection. I even left on the price tag to show you that enhancing your home with things you like, does not have to be expensive.
It was even less than a chocolate bar...and lower in calories.
Although not vintage, this pillow sham is made from chenille and nothing screams vintage and cottage (to me) more than chenille. I picked up two for $2.99 each and they will go perfectly in Charley's updated (modern) cottage bedroom. They are soft and well-made. I didn't even have to cut up an old bedspread to try to make these - whew!
So there you go, my weekly round-up of antiquing and thrifty fun. I hope your next excursion produces some great finds.
So there you go, my weekly round-up of antiquing and thrifty fun. I hope your next excursion produces some great finds.When you go shopping, do you have an idea of what you're looking for or do you wait and see what catches your eye?
LL
linking up to Tales from Bloggeritaville , Southern Hospitality, Remodelaholics and The Shabby Nest

Great finds this week...I love chenille. My Nana had chenille bedspreads on the beds in her house when I was growing up..soft, fuzzy and comforting.
ReplyDeleteI usually go hunting for goodies and see what strikes my fancy, then I don't get disappointed !
49 cents for a plate! You rock at this.
ReplyDeleteGreat finds!! I too love thrifting oh so much!
ReplyDeleteyou got bargains! I stopped at my first garage sale today, it was one of those baby clothes ones and that's fine if you got a baby but I was looking for the mothball smell. I just look and sometimes the most curious things speak to me. You did well.
ReplyDeleteHi! Looks like we have a lot in common. Our Charlie was going to be Charlie rather he was a boy or a girl. If a girl we would have spelled it Charlee. Too cute!!! Love your blog too!
ReplyDeleteGreat finds. I especially love the dish and pillow sham!
ReplyDeleteLUCKY YOU!! I love that pennant. Oh.....what am I saying? I really like it all, but that pennant is perfect! Glad you had a lucky day.
ReplyDeleteSandra
Awesome finds! I'm here from follow friday!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog and for the follow. I do so like your blog and am your newest follower! Looking forward to reading more.
ReplyDeleteVisiting and following from Friday Follow. Thanks for joining in. Happy weekend!
ReplyDelete~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com
Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I am now your newest follower and LOVE reading about your Thrift Store finds! Your little one is beautiful and I look forward to getting to know you better!
ReplyDelete~Mary
I love the plate and the pillow is adorable. Great finds!
ReplyDeleteWhat great finds. Love the blue and white plate -- I have a collection so those always appeal to me. Also that chenille pillow is wonderful! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet score!
ReplyDelete