and watching the mister rip out the back splash and helping him hang a few cabinets
and enjoying seeing the kids in their production of "Mulan" at our roadshow,
I was able to squeeze in a quick stop to the local thrift store. And I mean quick. I had just about a half an hour to spare and wasn't really thinking of going.
I always check out the frames wherever I go shopping. These were purchased at a different store. After I picked up Charley from school she asked if I could drive her to the Goodwill. She likes to look for fabric and clothes that she can deconstruct. When I walked in I saw the big blue bins that the workers wheel around which hold the Target and Pottery Barn merchandise. An employee told me they usually arrive on Saturdays but Wednesday was my lucky day - Two Pottery Barn kids artwork for $1.97 each minus 10%. The original price tags were on the back for $30.00. They were an even better price than the outlet store.
I noticed a gentleman waiting behind me as I had to bend down to pick them up. He followed me down the aisle and asked if he could see them. I handed a frame to him and he told me he was an art collector. I said, "Oh, they're nothing valuable, just home store artwork." He looked them over and handed them back telling me I had a good deal. It crossed my mind that this could be a "crazy people moment," but it wasn't - whew.
Back at the half off store, I couldn't pass up these items: a vintage tablecloth and chenille - 6 bucks. Hello.
Along the dishes and glassware aisle, I am only on the lookout for Transfer ware. I looked down onto a stack of plates and saw the brown edges of these. My name was all over them and at 1.99 each, minus 50% off, what a deal it was. A steal really. So for around $13.00, I made off with some fun finds. I had enough left over for a naked burrito from Qdoba and some more paint samples. I don't know which made me happier.
I am still working on the finds from 2 weeks ago so I'll tell you about those later. One item had great old marble. Enter a nice elderly gentleman and a store mishap... linking up to Traci 66 Frugalicious Friday Girl Creative
I'm following from Friday Follow! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the lamp you found! Thanks for dropping by and following, no following this blog. I think I could gain a lot of great idea from you!
ReplyDeleteWe don't do roadshows here. :( I think they should! I had a blast doing those. Love your new owl addition!
ReplyDeleteGreat finds! Awesome. I love the plates OHHHH.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week end
XOXO
Frenchy
PLEASE tell me where you shop and TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Love the stuff you found and totally jealous!!
ReplyDelete~Morgan
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
from follow friday
ReplyDeleteTake a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)
ethertonphotography.blogspot.com
Pottery Barn? Pottery Barn? Are you kidding me. I really need to come to your thrift store. Love all your finds...that vintage tablecloth might be my favorite.
ReplyDeleteI bet you could even sell those kids prints on e-bay!
Good for you!
I love owls too... They are really big now days. I also like your blog. I found you at the girl creative new friend friday..
ReplyDeleteErin
thenormanfive.blogspot.com
I had to read this post twice. You have Pottery barn items at your thrift store?? How fabulous! Great finds...especially love the transferware. Thanks for your visit and sweet note you left.
ReplyDeleteLoving your thrift store finds... Again. Especially your pretty plates and vintage tablecloth and chenille.
ReplyDeleteOh excited to see your finished kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI am following you from Friday Follow;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks
Jeanette Huston
http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/