Pages

The one with the butter-knife haircut

Monday, April 19, 2010

Do you remember when I told you about this story?

The other day we were at the store and my husband said,
"Hey, I saw your friend."

"Oh yeah? Who?", I asked.

"The guy you identified. You know, the one with the butter-knife haircut" he said.

I chuckled at his description of the hair. That's J classic I always say, with a dry and quick wit. After the self check-out, we were on our way. No sign of my friend anymore.

As I was passing the service desk, I noticed employee awards displayed on the bulletin board for all to see. One was for customer service, another was for employee of the month and the other was titled, "All eyes on YOU." That is where a member of management catches one in the act of doing something good and commends him/her for it.

Well, guess who received the "Eyes on YOU" award??
Yes, the friend I "identified."

So, I guess we all can change and have moments of excellence.
And, recognition for it is needed.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    I tried posting a comment on your Easter basket swap entry. An error message came up so I'm not sure if you got it or not. Would you please give me details on the swaps you do? What are the guidelines, time frames, number of participants, etc. I know several ladies who I think would enjoy doing something like this.

    Thanks,
    Brenda ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could that go under the category of "freaky but true'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back and read your previous story ( you're a good writer ) and had a combo reaction of laughing and then sheer terror for you. Glad to hear the googly eyed guy has won a good award...I agree with Lourie...file under freaky but true !!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say