Jon and some of his high school buds, May 2010
Every year about 7 of them get together for a weekend of reminiscing, and hassling each other, only the ways guys do. This time it was at one of the guy's cabin back home in WA state and involved fishing, golfing, and a big fire.
Ahh, Friday.
Just hearing the word always brings a sense of relief and cause for celebration. Every week on Facebook, one of my friends somewhere, posts the old "TGIF" status and everyone likes it. I don't know why Friday is considered unlucky in some countries. For me, it's been a perfectly happy day. It is such a welcome sight after a long week and ushers in the weekend's possibilities.
Each weekend I make a mental to-do list of projects I want to get done, knowing full well I won't realize most of them. Maybe that's why in Australia, there is a new trend called "Red Bull Friday" where people drink large amounts of Red Bull. I guess they want to speed through their last work day and be fueled for successful weekend activities.
I'll take it a little slower but as long as I get something done and the weekend is enjoyed, I will view it as a success.
And I'm not even on Red Bull.
Happy Friday mates!
*hoping to get the boys' room done this weekend. The primer and base coat of paint is up - now for stripes.

Yes Fridays are wonderful because that means the weekend is coming which means daddy will be home to entertain the kids :)
ReplyDeleteI love all kinds of paper, too. And anything retro, or vintage, or old, or.....ah, well you get my drift. I am looking forward to a week-end of indulging myself....reading, needlework, walking, etc. I want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day, and I hope you have a great day. Thanks for stopping by my blogt. Hugs, Kathleen
ReplyDeleteI love Friday's because I get to sleep in the next day. I also get to sleep in on Sunday because we have the 11-2 slot at church. Friday's means no homework. Yeah... Friday is good.
ReplyDelete