We're a little informal with birthdays around here.
On the actual birthday, we just celebrate as a family and have cake & ice cream and let the kids choose the restaurant where they would like to dine.
For Trae man, we just stayed home and had an ice cream cake.
Now that the weather is nice, it's time to get the party started outside. For years my friends thought my kids' birthdays were in Spring and Summer. That's when I would hold their parties outdoors at my house. Remember, Janet?
Three are actually winter babies and all within 1 week of each other. And we haven't had their parties yet. We don't even do big parties every year. I know, I'm a slacker in this area.
So, I figure by July we should have them wrapped up and then on to Blair's.








So cute. We are not big on the party thing but like to do family things. I'm getting ready to write about Maddie's birthday yesterday and although it was fun, doesn't seem traditional. To heck with tradition, right? I see so much of you in your children. They are adorable! I can't believe you have 5 children. Hopefully we can get all of our kids together someday. Love you.
ReplyDeleteI still use you as an example to all those who are not so fond of their cold and snow filled winter birthdays. They always seem surprized that celebrating their birthday at another time of the year truly IS an option! (Just ask Laura and her girls, I'll say. It has worked beautifully for years, and they turned out okay!)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on such a beautiful family. You all light up my life!
Ravenna had an ice cream cake too! We are the same about parties...very low key.
ReplyDeleteHow precious! We've only ever done family parties too. So much easier and less chaotic for toddlers. Mine went to Pre-k for the last two yrs as a 3 yr old and a 4yr old-- the students get to have a little classroom party during snacktime so that, in addition to a family party, is plenty!
ReplyDeleteLove your photo effects!
We only do parties for milestone birthdays like 8, 10, 13, 16 etc. Otherwise it is a family affair.
ReplyDeleteHe is a cutie pie!
What a beautiful bunch of kids ! We usually had parties on the even numbered years for our kids...otherwise it was just our family. As they got older, we would have pizza/movie parties,a sleepover party or a themed party ( like Spiderman, Barbie, Star Wars etc.)
ReplyDeleteVery cute pictures! We don't usually do too much for birthday's yet either. I grew up having big parties my husband did not, so we kind of do a middle ground now.
ReplyDeleteGood thing you got him a fork :)