Pages

A good deal day

Friday, January 28, 2011


Yesterday I received an update from my friend at Together We Save where she said Redbox was having a free movie rental promo so I called Jon and had him pick up a movie on the way home.
Then I noticed Elle Decor magazine was giving away a free subscription, so I made sure to nab that.

A quick stop to Goodwill paid off when I found a small bolt (about 5 yards) of fabric for $2.50 and vintage 1960's plastic presidents for $1.00. I like to buy unusual items for the kids that help them learn so I thought Reese would get a kick out of them. Not the fabric, just the presidents... He did and set them up like an Army men battle. That Grover Cleveland kicked the pants off of Rutherford B. Hayes.

But it was Jon and I who tested our presidential knowledge by putting the presidents in order. We didn't do too badly, only a few out of place. It's not a complete set and when I looked them up, I found that they were made to be hand painted. I had wondered why they were so detailed. But we like them plain so that's how they'll stay. I also found out that Abraham Lincoln and a few others are going for $9.99 each.

So all in all, I'd say it was a good deal day.

The price

Jon putting the presidents in order - going backwards is easier.

Oh, and we watched the movie "Red." It had a really good cast, funny.
It's was a good rental choice.

So how about you? Are you having good deal days?

6 comments:

  1. Hi , Thank-you for stopping by.I just started my blog a month or so ago , and I love the blog world. I love the bargain you got . Yard sales are one of my favorite things to do in the summer time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the SAME deals on Redbox and on the Elle Decor subscription! Then I headed to Old Navy where all clearance is 90% off! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning me!! I got a free movie rental too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally scored! I loved the presidents. What a great idea.

    I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Red! I want to be that lady (Helen Mirren)when I get older! She was just so cool :) Sounds like you had a great day of deals for sure.

    Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I think the President thing is easy if your super smart such as Jon and yourself, because I think I would suck it up big time.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say