Pages

On being unique

Monday, April 12, 2010


Reese said, "I'm not unique" in response to me telling him that I mistook another boy for him.

I was across the street and in my car waiting for the kids to get out of school. I saw Reese walk out and realized I must not have noticed he wore a red shirt. I thought I had given him a white one. Then as he walked the opposite direction of me I wondered why he hadn't noticed our car. I took a closer look and realized it wasn't him. "There's that kid again," I said out loud. He looks just like Reese - same hair color and cut, big eyes, wide features, olive complexion and thin build. Reese is much, much cuter of course...

So as my husband and Reese were on the couch together, I knew he felt bad that I thought the other boy was him. I apologized and told him that I have been called Lisa ( my older sister) my whole life. When we go home to visit, sometimes people still call me that and I moved from home a long time ago. It got to the point that I didn't correct anyone anymore. I just let them think I was her and that she dyed her hair.

Jon said, "Reese, I have the same problem."
I thought to myself that Jon and his brother don't look alike and waited to hear what he was going to say.
"EVERY day people say, "Hey Brad," "Excuse me, Mr. Pitt?" I have to tell them ALL the time that I'm not him. It's sooo annoying. It's a curse really."

I smiled and rolled my eyes but secretly wished someone could mistake our money for his.

8 comments:

  1. Lol! Yes, even just some of his money for a week would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes...we are all unique but some people prefer to mistake us for someone else...annoying but not earth shattering...your Hubs reply was so perfect and classic...what a great guy ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that was cute how your husband turned a sort of sad situation a funny one:) I remember when I was little me and my sister used to get mistaken for eachother all the time, and one time a woman was like, to my mom, oh what lovely little boys you have! lol (cause we always had super short hair) isn't that horrible!? I'm so scarred, to this day I always make sure to have my hair to my shoulders or longer.
    Btw your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed. Great post. Great photo. The men in your life are both very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog, yet another great post:)

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say