Enjoying a cool drink together.
A soggy bottom boy joining in on the fun.
I saw Martha Stewart tell a child once that they should not jump on beds. I understand that it is bad for the bed. They are expensive after all. But it's so fun. Martha, don't be such a buzz kill.
When I was little I distinctly remember jumping on my parent's bed. It was super springy and I could jump really high. When I heard my mom's voice say, "Lauraaa??"I'd quickly stop and ask, "What?" She'd ask if I was jumping and I'd say "noooo."
She'd say, "That's what I thought." Technically I wasn't jumping at the exact moment she asked, therefore, not telling a lie. When I asked my kids what they were doing, Trae replied, "jumpee!"



Too funny! My kids grew up jumping on the bed. When my grandkids were really little they jumped on grandma's bed! The youngest is now 7 and they are still welcome to jump all they want. I can remember one time we were all jumping on the bed, husband included and singing to the Beatles at the top of or lungs. Thanks for bringing this wonderful memory to me this morning!
ReplyDeleteDelena - LOVE hearing that sweet memory!
ReplyDeleteAlmost always yes. I don't know that I see the problem with it myself - so jump away.
ReplyDeleteNo.. I'm a mean Mom.. and I lovingly sing " No more Momnkey's jumping on the bed" when they do.. :)
ReplyDeleteYour a good Momma.
No Ann Marie, I'm just a slacker mom, that's all, lol!
ReplyDeleteI am a party poop at home, but when traveling if we stay at a hotel, the bed is there's for the jumping. but even though I say no, I know they still do because kids do. I did. it's just part of being a kid.
ReplyDeleteI always always ALWAYS let my kids jump on our King Sized master bed. It is a right of childhood.
ReplyDeleteAnd listen, we all know Martha is many things...but she is most definately NOT a kid person or someone who embraces life's imperfections or the joy of relinquishing control.
I'm just sayin'
Yep I must admit my kids jump on my bed. They know once we get a new bed, which we really need, that they won't be able to anymore.. but yeah they are only kids once... and sometimes it is nice to say yes instead of no.
ReplyDeleteLove your walls by the way!
Darling children...yes, I let them jump and jumped with them too !!! ( now that they are all grown up, I live on those sweet memories )
ReplyDeleteBTW, Martha Stewart is rich beyond most of our dreams but hungers for grandchildren. It is kinda sad. I'm sure if her daughter had some babies, she would allow them to jump on the beds !!!
ReplyDeleteBTW,
ReplyDeleteMartha Stewart is craving grandchildren of her own. With all her success and $$$, that is what she dreams of...I'm sure if her daughter had a few, Martha let them jump on the beds and she'd join them !