The other day I found myself saying, "that's one of my pet peeves" to just about everything it seemed. How many did I really have, I wondered? I never thought I had so many since I've always considered myself to be pretty mellow and don't get worked up about that much.
Recently my daughter was riding in a car with some friends from church and there was a funny incident involving a hyper kid. The parents driving, not the hyper kid's, asked Belen after the ride was over if it bugged her. She said, "Noo, I'm used to it." And the parent's reply was, "Of course it wouldn't, being from the subdued family." I credit that solely to Jon and his 3rd grade sense of humor and his funny outlook on life.
But, worried that I really do have a lot of pet peeves, I began to mentally take note of the things that bug me.
On my list were tailgaters - not the kind that cook at football games, I like those. The kind who make it look like I am towing them because they drive so close to me. Or maybe they just really want to crash into me and have their insurance rates increase when I stop for pedestrians.
Oh yeah, that was another pet peeve - people who don't stop for pedestrians, especially when they (we) are walking to school. Recently, I saw a girl cross the street and drop her coat in the crosswalk.
She went to move to go back and pick it up.
I said "Oh no!" out loud as I saw a car not slowing for the crosswalk. (I was third in line at the stop sign across from her.) The girl thought better of it and ran to the sidewalk leaving her coat behind. She watched it get run over and then went to retrieve it. It happened so quickly but thankfully, a car stopped to let her cross and retrieve the coat.
I wanted to jump around the cars, hunt down the driver and kick the crap out of them, to be perfectly honest.
Another on my list were people who don't use turn signals.
And then it hit me...
I don't have a lot of pet peeves.
I just have road rage.
Is that all it was?? Well, OK then.
Do you have any thing that just gets your goat too?
linking to the girl creative
and Trendy Treehouse

Tailgaters totally tick me off! I have bad road rage. But I have other pet peeves...like people talking on their phones in waiting rooms. I was at a Weight Watchers meeting on Tuesday and I think I heard at least 3 different phones going off at different intervals. So nobody actually turned them off or even on vibrate. Just left them on.
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking out my bedroom makeover at Remodelaholic :-) I'm looking forward to seeing your headboard :-)
ReplyDeleteI have pet peeves AND road rage!! I need to learn to mellow out more :-)
My #1 road rage item -- drivers who refuse to move out of the left lane when they're going slower than (or even worse, the exact same speed as) the drivers in the right lane. DRIVES ME CRAZY!! And #2 is drivers who talk on their cell phone while driving. Especially now that it's actually against the law here to talk & drive.
I better stop now before I get on a real rant ;-)
Kelly @ DesignTies
That is so rude that that driver didn't stop for the girl to get her coat! totally horrible. I mean what is the hurry!? I get annoyed at people who talk really loudly on the train on their cell phones, as well as people who drive like they are in a racing game. so the same here, road/train rage lol.
ReplyDeleteps i love your daughters boots! so cute!
I just found your blog from New Friend Friday!
ReplyDeleteAnd I hear ya with the road rage! My biggest pet peeve is when you try to pass a car that is driving too slow and then they speed up to not let you pass them! Grr!!!
Just found you on new friend fri. One of my biggest pet peeves in people who wear pj pants outside the home...I don't know why but it just bugs me:-)
ReplyDeleteI am the same way. I hate when I look in my rearview mirror and someone is riding my butt. I don't drive slow either. And just don't even let me get started on the lack of turn signals. I just went to the store and this lady was turning with no signal of course and I said to myself in the car, hello, heard of this thing in your car called a turn signal! Yes, I talk to myself all the time. Keeps me sane, I think.
ReplyDeleteI have road rage too. I spend lots of time mumbling under my breath about bad drivers.
ReplyDeleteFollowing you from the Trendy Treehouse.
I found you on FF! I am your newest follower! I hope you will stop by my site and follow me too.
ReplyDeleteMellisa
www.funsavingmoney.net
I have so many and I wouldn't want to take up your whole comment section listing them! I have started posts before where I have been listing things that bug me and suddenly I wonder if I am a negative person! I don't think so. I just think that some of these things are very irritating!
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to write something about my road rage too! There are so many things that bother me about other drivers! I think my biggest thing is that people out here in PA do not know how to use an onramp. They stop when they should merge!! It's very frustrating. I guess being from CA, I'm a little impatient, but COME ONE!! lol I know what you mean about road rage though. Don't let it go to your head. You're such a sweet lady otherwise =)
ReplyDeleteWhen we were going through the border to come back to Canada, two motorhomes cut in to the front of the line. The line was about an hour long but these two yo'yos decided to make their own lane and then squeeze in. I don't know what bugged me more, them squeezing in or the two vehicles that made room for them to do so.
ReplyDelete