To me, summertime fare is all about natural, easy and healthy foods. And the less time I am in a hot kitchen the better. Actually, Jon is in there more than I am so he also appreciates quick and healthy meals. Even though summer has not officially started, the heat has and so there is a new lighter menu in this house.First up: Fish tacos. Easy and delish.
I don't go by a traditional recipe but this is what I do.
Sauce:
Mix together-
1/2 cup mayo ( I use the olive oil mayo)
1/2 light sour cream
chopped fresh cilantro to taste. We love cilantro so the more the better.
You can also add spices to the sauce. I don't because I add those to the fish.
Place the fish (I used Cod but any firm fish will do) with a little olive oil in a fry pan, add spices like cumin, chili powder and any zesty seasonings you wish. Cook on med-high heat until fish flakes easily - about 5 minutes or so.
Rinse the corn tortillas and heat them in the microwave for a few seconds until pliable and soft. I usually heat them on a paper towel to soak up any moisture.
After heating the tortillas, fill them with fish and top with the sauce, shredded cabbage, fresh cilantro, tomatoes and avocado slices. Add a squeeze of lemon and you are good to go.
**For a fun look I also use red cabbage and for extra flavor, try it with a mango salsa, another favorite and add a splash of cider vinegar to the cabbage. If you're feeling extra over-achiever-ish, you can make your own corn tortillas which are not difficult - but for me, that's for another day.
Enjoy!
A corn taco, fried fish with shredded cabbage on top of the mayo with cilatro and sour cream sauce ...now that's different, but I like different. I think I might try this minus the shredded cabbage and have the taco on the side. The tomato and avocado toppings were the save. Thanks for sharing this. Interesting.
ReplyDeleteHaupi
http://hauplight.blogspot.com/
I'm so excited you posted this recipe as I have those on my Dinner Diva agenda to make next week and I didn't have a tried and true recipe. Thank you. Wish I was at your house right now eating them!
ReplyDeleteThese fish tacos look so yummy!
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you join in the fun at Friendly Friday! I'm following you now, too. :)