
Girl's camp was great.
I was one of three adult leaders over the YCL's (Youth camp leaders) and we enjoyed a week of activities. Because the YCL's were busy helping the other year levels (1st through 4Th year camp attendees) there was some down time for me.
I was able to canoe with my daughter on a beautiful lake and hike up to a zip line which took me sailing over a wooded valley. I was able to shoot BB guns at targets and take aim with a bow and arrow. I listened to funny songs, played games and was able to sit around campfires and talk with girls who told me their life stories. One girl was a little scared one night and asked if she could sleep in my tent. We stayed up until 3 am and talked while she shined her flashlight at bugs.
I was one of three adult leaders over the YCL's (Youth camp leaders) and we enjoyed a week of activities. Because the YCL's were busy helping the other year levels (1st through 4Th year camp attendees) there was some down time for me.
I was able to canoe with my daughter on a beautiful lake and hike up to a zip line which took me sailing over a wooded valley. I was able to shoot BB guns at targets and take aim with a bow and arrow. I listened to funny songs, played games and was able to sit around campfires and talk with girls who told me their life stories. One girl was a little scared one night and asked if she could sleep in my tent. We stayed up until 3 am and talked while she shined her flashlight at bugs.
I was also able to enjoy the splendor of nature and study its details while being shaded under lovely canopies of trees.
While waiting for the girls to return from a night swim, I sat alone by the fire and looked up to a wide open sky. I took in the breathtaking sight of bright, glorious stars. And in the stillness, I reminded myself there was no way that this perfection could be anything other than the grand design of God.
That's what camping does for me.
That's what camping does for me.
How wonderful ! I have very fond memories of girl's camp, our leaders and the great friends I made there. Most importantly, being amidst all the beauty of nature, I was able to know also that God is the designer of the universe and He loved me !
ReplyDeletesounds like it as perfect. Glad you had a nice time.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed you went on a zipline!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos and lovely post. I am with you, being at one with nature does really make you appreciate this wonderful world of ours.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter had a blast at girls camp. She tried the ropes course, but after getting up 10 feet she decided not yet. She got bit, went on a 3 mile hike, a snipe hunt(snicker) and her favorite thing was the last night. I remember that last night when I went too. Now she is home singing all the silly songs. ahaha.
ReplyDeleteMakes me almost want to go to girls camp :)
ReplyDeleteI have served in the YW, but always ended up in a different calling around the time of camp.