The other day I received an e-mail from a friend telling me that another friend went home from the hospital to spend the last few days of her life with her family. She had been battling an illness for four years and the end of her earthly life was drawing near. Yesterday her body succumbed to disease and she slipped into eternity.
I was sad for her children. No one should lose their mother especially when they are of such a young age.
Even though there is comfort in knowing that one is not suffering anymore, it still hurts when they are gone. And there are little girls hurting right now because they won't get to see their mother for a while. Just for a while though, because I believe that God has a plan and the reunion in Heaven with our friends and families someday will be awesome.
It got me thinking - is it really necessary that I want to make sure my children have the extras in life? Is it worth it to work extra hard, to go at a fast pace to fit in their voice and music lessons, sports and social activities? Do I really need anything when there are others with less than me?
My answer was no.
And then my answer was -but while alive you must live.
As long as your perspective is in check and you try to live the best life you can, and sincerely try to make the world a little bit better, those extras can bring happiness and enrich your life. There is goodness around you. You may have to go search for it but it's there and then you'll be able to help others see it too, especially when they need it most.
Make it good and have a great Sunday.
Thanks for leaving your thoughtful comment on my blog. And you're right, funerals always make me very grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that goes with it!
ReplyDelete=)
We were kind of on this topic in RS today. Why do these things happen? etc. I like your thoughts. We must live. And it is wonderful to know that there is such a perfect plan for us all. Thank you for this post.
ReplyDelete